As seen in Adelady magazine, issue 3.
The only trace left behind of this feast will be in the smiles and full bellies of your loved ones.
We’re spilling the secrets with this classic Italian family recipe from Mary Romeo, with ingredients you can find at your local Romeo’s store.
Time : 1 hr
Serves : 4 to 6
2L chicken stock
4 chicken tenderloins
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + 1 tsp extra
2 leeks, finely chopped
2 tsp salt
3 cups (265g) button mushrooms,
½ chopped, ½ halved
1 tsp white pepper
1 ½ (338g) cups carnaroli rice
Splash of olive oil
100g mixed mushrooms (Swiss brown, enoki, oyster mushrooms)
2–3 cubes marinated Persian feta
Chives, finely chopped for garnish
- Heat the chicken stock in a saucepan over low heat, until it is just simmering. Add chicken tenderloins and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through, then remove and chop into small pieces. Set aside, keeping chicken stock on a very low simmer.
- Place oil and leeks in a deep pan and heat over medium heat. Season with salt and cook until soft and translucent (about 7 minutes). Add mushrooms and pepper, continue cooking until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add rice to leek and mushroom mixture, stirring continuously until rice is coated and slightly translucent.
- Reduce heat to low. Add warm chicken stock, one ladle at a time, stirring until the rice has absorbed all the liquid before adding the next. Cook, stirring until the rice is al dente.
- Meanwhile, add remaining butter and oil to a pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until lightly browned (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Crumble the feta into the risotto mixture, add half the butter and chopped chicken, and stir through. Place sautéed mushrooms on top and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately